Free software for staff and students personal laptops/PCs
Students and staf are able to access software on your own laptops and PCs, in the followng ways:
1. The University software download catalogue - you can download and install software like SPSS, ArcGiS and NVivo onto your own laptops/PCs by visiting the software download catalogue and logging in with your University username and password.
2. AppsAnywhere - more than 70 applications are now available from AppsAnywhere on your own laptop/PC. To access them, open a browser and go to https://appsanywhere.wlv.ac.uk and log in using your University credentials. You will then see a message asking you if it’s the first time you have used AppsAnywhere on your device. It is important that you select the blue box if it is the first time. Download and install the Cloudpaging player, after doing this you will be able to select an application you require and launch it in the normal way.
Please be aware that for the first 3-5 minutes of running some of the apps, they may show a decrease in performance as the application downloads in the background, to prepare for use. After this the performance picks up to normal.
3. Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) - Adobe have released the Creative Cloud applications for free usage until May 31st. To access this software please take the following steps:
- Visit https://creativecloud.adobe.com and use your University username and password to sign in.
- If prompted, select the University's account and then enter your password.
- From the Creative Cloud website, browse for and download your desired applications. Click Apps on the top of the page to view all apps.
- Once downloaded, follow the on screen instructions to install (but bear in mind these apps will take approximately 15/20 minutes to install.)
Everything you need to know about installing University software can be found online (you may need to log in to view).