You’ll study in a dynamic learning environment with experienced and accredited staff who work with elite athletes (e.g. Olympic judo players; academy players from professional football clubs), NHS patients, community based sports organisations and school groups.
Our excellent teaching and research facilities include:
- state-of-the-art flood-lit 3G pitch
- redeveloped and well-equipped sports centre
- strength and conditioning weight training facility used by Olympians and students
- social psychology suite with one-way observation mirror, viewing chamber, remotely-operated discreet video cameras, plasma screens, plus digital sound reproduction and mixing capabilities
- specialised laboratories enabling, eg: ECG monitoring; body composition, lung function and gait assessment; performance analysis and video editing; EMG muscle activity monitoring
- dedicated psychology teaching laboratory
- bone density and body composition suite used by elite sports and health organisations
We have hosted international sports events and Olympic and Paralympic athletes. Our body composition and bone density suite is used by British Gymnastics, British Judo, Aston Villa Football Club and Birmingham City Football Club.