Map and directions for City Campus
University of Wolverhampton
Understanding room numbers at the University
The first letter indicates the campus (M=City, S=Telford, W=Walsall). The second letter indicates the building reference. The room numbers follow, with the first indicating the floor level that the room is located on (eg. 001 would be on the ground floor; 101 on the first floor, etc.).
Junction 10 of the M6 is the nearest motorway junction. The University is split into two sites - City Campus North and South - both of which are signposted from the Ring Road and the A449.
Although there is only very limited metered parking by the main reception on Wulfruna Street, there are a number of public pay car parks within walking distance.
Of these, the Civic Centre car park, at the end of Wulfruna Street, or the long-term car park off Whitmore/Broad Street are the closest.
- General parking spaces are indicated on the Wolverhampton street map.
- Details of the type of parking (public, disabled or staff) can be found on our interactive campus map.
Open Day Parking
If you are arriving by car, there is parking opposite the Lord Swraj Paul Building (MU). Car parks are labelled 'staff only' but are open for visitors to use on the day (see street view of our car parks). The postcode for Satav is WV1 1SB. If these are full, then there is overflow parking available at the football club's Stan Cullis Car Park opposite Asda, on Jack Hayward Way (see interactive map). Once you have parked your car, facing the Business School building, turn right and walk up the road, through the underpass and up the stairs. Turn right at the top of the stairs and you will find the Ambika Paul entrance in the building on your left hand side.
By public transport
By bus: Buses come into the city centre from all over Wolverhampton and the West Midlands.
By train: The train station is on the main London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Edinburgh lines. The station is on Railway Drive, just outside the Ring Road.
By Metro: The Midland Metro offers a service every 10 minutes throughout the day from Birmingham Snow Hill to Wolverhampton St Georges terminus via West Bromwich.
The City Campus is right in the centre of Wolverhampton. It is a seven-minute walk from both the train station and St Georges Metro terminus, and a five-minute walk from the main bus station.
- From the train station - as you exit walk straight ahead and veer right across the road bridge going over the ring road.
- From the bus station - walk stratight ahead as you exit, past WH Smiths on your left and continue to the crossroads.
- At the cross roads continue straight ahead down Lichfield Street, you will see the Britannia hotel and The Grand Theatre on your left as you continue down the road.
- At the next junction where you reach The Hooded Ram and the Royal London Buildings turn right – you will see The George in front of you. This is the beginning of the 'University Quarter'
- From the Metro - upon exiting the Metro station, walk towards Primark, cross the road and then take a right alongside Marks and Spencers
- Continue along this road - it will bend slightly to the right and then back to the left. Keep going until you reach a crossroads - you will have The Hooded Ram on your left.
- Cross over and continue on the same direction around the Royal London Buildings. You should now see The George in front of you.
|City Hub||01902 322395|
Ext. 5555 (internal use only)
|Campus Operations Manager (Halls of Residence)||01902 322990