Graduate Services

Our Student Records Unit can supply numerous documents to our alumni and external sources, including transcripts, replacement certificates, letters of confirmation and award verification.

Production of hard copy documents including certificates, transcripts and letters may be delayed as staff have not fully returned to the office. 

This is an extremely busy time of year so the usual processing time for document requests - either hard copy or PDF versions is between 10 - 15 working days. 

Students who have recently completed their course can order their certificates via the graduation page on e:Vision. This will not affect your ability to attend a rescheduled ceremony.


You may contact the Student Records Unit;

Tel: 01902 323202


Contact form

Employers or Agencies

Employers or agencies should use the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) online verification service (Word doc 27k) to verify University of Wolverhampton awards. Please note that this service is only for third parties.

Availability of Past Records

Our policy in the past was for manual student records not to be kept beyond 6 years, other than award details. With more data being stored electronically our retention policy has now been reviewed. Whilst we make every effort to fulfil requests made, we cannot guarantee the availability of all information pertaining to a student's course of study.

Document Verification FAQs

The most commonly asked questions when requesting documents can be found here

Yes, you should enter the address of where the documents are to be sent to in the "postal address" field. If you wish us to email the documents to a third party please include their details in the special instructions field when you make the request. 

You should make a request for documents and in the special instructions box state that the documents should be sent to WES and include the WES reference number. 

A standard letter of confirmation only includes your award details. However we can also include other information, eg dates of study, mode of study (full time or part time). Please state clearly in the special instruction field what information you need the letter to include. If we cannot provide the information that you have requested we will be in touch. 

Documentation will not be provided to students who have outstanding debt. You must clear your debt first by contacting our finance department on (You should quote your student number in your email or name at time of study and date of birth)

Current students should order letters via their e:Vision account.