You may request your original certificate either by visiting the graduation page of e:Vision or via the University e:Store. Certificates are being printed and posted on a monthly basis, as staff are mainly working from home in line with current advice from Public Health England.
Students who have received their certificate may still attend their graduation ceremony.
Please do not request an Original Certificate if you have already had your certificate and it has been lost; you must then apply for a Replacement Certificate.
You may contact the Student Records Unit for further information about our services.
UK addresses: We will send it to you by Recorded Delivery in a hard-back envelope free of charge.
Overseas addresses: We will send it to you by Air-sure or International Signed for delivery in a hard-backed envelope at a cost of £20.
If you have already made document requests which have not yet been completed you will be updated shortly. Where we are unable to provide the necessary information, we will contact you regarding your enquiry and every attempt will be made to ensure sufficient information is provided in the interim period to assist with your request. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Where a certificate has been lost of damaged, a replacement certificate may be issued at the discretion of the University.
The cost of a Replacement Certificate is £35.
How to Apply
The applicant must provide either a damaged certificate, or confirm that the certificate has been lost.
Post - 1992 awards
You may request a replacement certificate via the University e:Store.
Applications will not be processed without the following proof of identity being provided.
- A copy of recent utility bill showing name and address.
- A copy of relevant pages from current passport and/or photocopy or driving licence (paper section).
- Also, if your current name differs from your student name, you must provide documentary evidence, e.g. marriage licence or deed poll.
(Once you have completed your purchase you will be advised how to submit ID)
Names will only be changed on certificates under the following circumstances:
- The name printed on the certificate does not match the name that the student had at the time of the award (e.g. student had changed name before they completed their course but did not inform the University of Wolverhampton.
- There is an error in the name (i.e. name spelt incorrectly)
- The graduate has changed name following gender reassignment.
Certificates will not be reissued following name change by deed poll or marriage.
If you completed your award before September 1992, we will not be able to provide you with a replacement certificate as the University of Wolverhampton were not the awarding body, however we may be able to offer you a Letters of Confirmation Please contact the Student Records Unit for further information before you submit your application.
Degrees conferred prior to 1992 were awarded by the Council for National Academic Awards. You can apply for replacement documents for these awards from the Open University.