Secondary Education Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Secondary Education courses* and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interviews will be on-campus for those wishing to start in September 2023.
What should you expect?
- The interview will last around 30 minutes with a member of academic subject staff from the Secondary Education team.
- In some cases, for some subjects, the subject leader or admissions unit may ask you to complete a pre-interview task or bring an item to the interview (e.g. Design portfolio, etc.).
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license, college ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- During the interview, you will be asked some questions that will assess your readiness to train to teach.
- If you have applied for a School Direct course you may be required to have a school visit, in addition to an interview, requested directly from the School Direct Alliance you have applied for - you will be informed of this via e-mail.
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for the sight of original copies after the interview if you are offered a place.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, and the Secondary curriculum and visit our open days or postgraduate open evenings where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)
- Don't forget to check which campus your interview will be based on. This information can be found in your interview e-mail confirmation and on e:Vision.
- Plan your journey- our campuses are well-serviced by public transport. If arriving by car, you may find that some of our campuses will require you to pay for parking. You can find further info on how to find us, here.
- Check out our campus locations and maps to ensure you go to the correct building for your interview.
- Please arrive at the Samuel Johnson (WN) Building at our Walsall Campus and take a seat in the foyer.
*Secondary Education courses include BSc (Hons) Biology, Computer Science or Mathematics with Secondary Education (QTS), BA (Hons) English or History with Secondary Education (QTS); PGCE Secondary Education in Art & Design, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Dance, Design & Technology, Drama, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Physical Education, Physical Education with *EBACC Subject*, Physics, Psychology and Social Sciences, School Direct Tuition and School Direct Salaried (limited subject areas).