Secondary Education Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Secondary Education courses and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Courses: BSc (Hons) Mathematics with Secondary Education (QTS), BA (Hons) English or History with Secondary Education (QTS); PGCE Secondary Education in Art & Design, Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Dance, Design & Technology, Engineers Teach Physics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Physical Education, Physical Education with *EBACC Subject*, Physics, Psychology and Social Sciences and School Direct Tuition.
*If you have applied for a postgraduate School Direct course you may be required to have a school visit, in addition to an interview, requested directly from the School Direct Alliance you have applied for - you will be informed of this via e-mail if this is the case.
Interview method: Interviews will be On-Campus for those wishing to start in 2024.
On Campus: The Samuel Johnson (WN) Building, Walsall Campus, WS1 3BD. Directions can be found here.
Interview preparation- Important Information
- For most subjects, the subject leader may ask you to complete a pre-interview task or bring an item to the interview (e.g. Design portfolio, physical activity, subject assessment etc.). Please review the information in your E:Vision account to establish what is involved for your subject.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, and the Secondary curriculum and visit our open days or postgraduate open evenings where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license, college ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- The interview event will last up to 3 hours and will be conducted by a member of the academic subject staff from the Secondary Education team.
- During the interview, you will be asked some questions that will assess your readiness to train to teach.
After attending your interview, you will be notified on whether or not you’ve passed within 3-5 working days. If you are successful, your offer will be confirmed within 14 working days.
If you’re unsuccessful, you will be made an alternative offer on another course that we think you are suitable for. Find out more.
If you’re unable to attend your interview, you will need to raise a helpdesk call via your e:Vision account to notify our Admissions team.
Please note- if you fail to notify us that you’re unable to attend, your application will be rejected.
Contact us via e:mail - email@example.com.