Early Years Teaching Interviews
Once you have applied for our Graduate Employment Based Route to Early Years Teacher Status and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interviews were held within your employing early years setting for September 2023 entry.
What should you expect?
- You will be asked to read the 'Beginning Teacher's Behaviour Toolkit' reading task before the interview, as one of the questions will relate to this.
- You will be observed within your employing early years setting sharing a story you have chosen with a group of children.
- Following this, you will then have an interview which will last around 45 minutes and will be conducted by a member of the academic teaching staff. The interview may also include a member of our Strategic Partners Group.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- During the interview, you will be asked some questions that will assess your readiness to train to teach. You will be required to answer a question about Safeguarding and Fundamental British Values.
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for sight of original copies after the interview if you are offered a place.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, and the Early Years curriculum and visit our postgraduate open evenings where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)