Early Years Teaching Interviews
Once you have applied for our Graduate Employment Based Route to Early Years Teacher Status and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interview method: Interviews were held within your employing early years setting for 2024 entry.
Pre-interview tasks required:
- You will be asked to read the 'Beginning Teacher's Behaviour Toolkit' reading task before the interview, as one of the questions will relate to this.
- Have a form of identification (e.g. passport, driving licence etc.) ready to present on arrival.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, and the Early Years curriculum and visit our postgraduate open evenings where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
If you’re unable to attend your portfolio review, you can amend your date/time via e:Vision up to 72 hours before your interview/portfolio review/assessment day. If you’re unable to attend less than 72 hours before, please contact us by email or phone as soon as possible. Find out how to amend your appointment here.
Please note if you fail to notify us that you’re unable to attend, your application will be rejected.
- You will be observed within your employing early years setting sharing a story you have chosen with a group of children.
- Following this, you will then have an interview which will last around 45 minutes and will be conducted by a member of the academic teaching staff. The interview may also include a member of our Strategic Partners Group.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- During the interview, you will be asked some questions that will assess your readiness to train to teach. You will be required to answer a question about Safeguarding and Fundamental British Values.
After attending your portfolio review, you will be notified on whether or not you’ve passed within 3-5 working days. If you are successful, your offer will be confirmed within 14 working days.
If you’re unsuccessful, you will be made an alternative offer on another course that we think you are suitable for. Find out more.
Contact us via e:mail - firstname.lastname@example.org.