Once you have applied for one of our Podiatry degree courses and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interviews will be Online for those wishing to start in September 2023.
What should you expect?
- You will be asked to read the information provided on this NHS page regarding Health Inequalities in readiness for your interview.
- Following reading this, make a note on what Healthcare inequalities are what reasons may cause these to occur and consider the impact of these inequalities on peoples
- The interview will last around 20-30 minutes and will be with a member of the academic teaching staff from the Allied Health team.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license, college ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- There are no tests involved in the selection process.
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for these after the interview if you are offered a place.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC), and visit our open days where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)
- Practice talking about your skills and qualities, giving examples to evidence these.
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Read our full guidance on ensuring you are set up and ready for your online interview.
- You’ll be sent a link to your interview on Microsoft Teams via email usually just before your interview time, not far in advance. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link. Just before your interview time, press 'Join meeting'.
- Please ensure you have your photographic ID ready, a fully charged device, and your e-mail account open on this device no later than 10 minutes before your interview time.
- Ensure you are away from any loud noise or distractions which could interfere with your interview.
- Click the ‘Join meeting’ link 5-10 minutes before your interview.
*Podiatry courses include BSc (Hons) Podiatry, BSc (Hons) Podiatry with Foundation Year, and MSc Podiatry.