Once you have applied for our Podiatry degree course and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interviews will be Online for those wishing to start in a 2024 intake. * Please note interviews will not begin until January 2024.
Please note this information on this page relates to 3-year courses only. For our Foundation Year Route, you must attend a Prepare for Foundation Year (Health) Assessment Day.
What should you expect?
- Ahead of the interview, please read the information provided on this NHS page regarding Health Inequalities: What are health inequalities? | The King's Fund (kingsfund.org.uk)
- The interview will last around 30 minutes and will be with a member of the academic teaching staff from the Podiatry team.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license, college ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- There are no tests involved in the selection process.
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for these after the interview if you are offered a place.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC), and visit our open days where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)
- Practice talking about your skills and qualities, giving examples to evidence these.
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Read our full guidance on ensuring you are set up and ready for your online interview.
- You’ll be sent a link to your interview on Microsoft Teams via email usually just before your interview time, not far in advance. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link. Just before your interview time, press 'Join meeting'.
- Please ensure you have your photographic ID ready, a fully charged device, and your e-mail account open on this device no later than 10 minutes before your interview time.
- Ensure you are away from any loud noise or distractions which could interfere with your interview.
- Click the ‘Join meeting’ link 5-10 minutes before your interview.