PGCE Further Education Interviews
Once you have applied for our PGCE Further Education course and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interview method: Interviews will be Online for those wishing to start in a 2024 intake.
Pre-interview tasks required:
- Have a form of identification (e.g. passport, driving licence etc.) ready to present on arrival.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, the Education and Training Foundation (ETF), Further Education sector and visit our postgraduate open evenings where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
If you’re unable to attend your portfolio review, you can amend your date/time via e:Vision up to 72 hours before your interview/portfolio review/assessment day. If you’re unable to attend less than 72 hours before, please contact us by email or phone as soon as possible. Find out how to amend your appointment here.
Please note if you fail to notify us that you’re unable to attend, your application will be rejected.
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license, college ID badge, etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- The interview will last around 30-40 minutes and will be with a member of academic subject staff from the Further Education team (and in some cases partner college staff).
- During the interview, you will be required to answer a series of questions relating to the subject specialism that you wish to teach and to show your understanding of current teaching in the Further Education sector within the UK - linked to your subject specialism:
- How have you developed as a teacher or trainer to this point?
- How are you working to update your subject/ vocational expertise?
- How might this course benefit your ongoing practice as a teacher or trainer?
After attending your portfolio review, you will be notified of whether or not you’ve passed within 3-5 working days. If you are successful, your offer will be confirmed within 14 working days.
Contact us via e:mail - firstname.lastname@example.org.