Pharmacy (MPharm) Interviews
Once you have applied for our Master of Pharmacy (MPharm) course and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
What should you expect?
- The interview will last around 60 minutes and will be with 2 members of the academic teaching staff from the Pharmacy Team. For on-campus interviews, your session will last for 2 hours as you will be invited to a tour of the facilities following your interview.
- Your interview will be a group interview with up to 7 other interviewees in attendance.
- Following on from a Pharmacy Team presentation, you and your group will be issued a scenario to review together and discuss. Staff will assess how you tackle the scenario and how you communicate and work with others. You will then be asked questions relating to the scenario.
- In addition, there will be a numeracy assessment consisting of 10 questions that will be accessed via our online learning environment Canvas. Prior to the session, you may access the Pharmacy Maths practice here: https://wlv.eu-west.catalog.canvaslms.com/browse/equivalence/courses/pharmacy-maths-course
- If your interview is on-campus, you will also receive a tour of the facilities and be offered the opportunity to engage further with academic staff and ask questions linked to the course. For online interview attendees, you will need to attend an additional Applicant Day to engage with a facility tour or speak further with academic staff, if you so wish.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) and visit our open days, come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you.
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for these after the interview if you are offered a place. These will need to be uploaded onto your eVision account asap.
- Practice talking about your skills and qualities, giving examples to evidence these.
- Don't forget to check which campus your interview will be based on. This information can be found in your interview confirmation e-mail and on e:Vision.
- Plan your journey- our campuses are well-serviced by public transport. If arriving by car, you may find that some of our campuses will require you to pay for parking. You can find further info on how to find us, here.
- Check out our campus locations and campus maps to make sure you go to the correct building for your interview.
- Interviews will take place in Wulfruna (MA) Building at our Wolverhampton City Campus. Please arrive at the Marble Reception.
- Have you downloaded Microsoft Teams ready onto your device? Read our full guidance on ensuring you are set up and ready for your online interview.
- You’ll be sent a link to your interview on Microsoft Teams via email within 72 hours of booking your interview time. In this email, there should be a 'Join meeting' link. Just before your interview time, press 'Join meeting'.
- Please ensure you have a fully charged device and you have your e-mail account open on this device no later than 10 minutes before your interview time.
- Ensure you are away from any loud noise or distractions which could interfere with your interview.