Paramedic Science Interviews
Once you have applied for one of our Paramedic Science courses* and if you have been shortlisted, you will be invited for an interview.
Interviews will be On-Campus for those wishing to start in September 2023.
What should you expect?
- At the start of the interview, you must show a form of picture ID as proof of who the interviewer is talking to. Acceptable documents include a passport, driving license, college ID badge etc. (please note we do not accept copies).
- You will undertake a small group-based exercise with other applicants to assess your ability to work collaboratively in teams.
- You will also attend a panel interview which will be an opportunity for us to learn a little more about you. This will last 15 minutes and you will be asked 3 questions.
- One of these questions is the following to enable you to prepare for the interview: “What is the role of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and who/what does the organisation seek to protect?”
- You will not be asked to present certificates at your interview. Admissions will ask you for these after the interview if you are offered a place.
- Do you know enough about the course you have applied for? Research information about the course, the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and visit our open days where you can come and speak to our staff and students www.wlv.ac.uk/opendays.
- Ensure you have read all the guidance that has been sent to you, have you been requested to bring any additional information with you? (ID etc.)
- Practice your response to the questions that have been sent to you in advance of your interview.
- Don't forget to check which campus your interview will be based at. This information can be found in your interview e-mail confirmation and on e:Vision.
- Plan your journey- our campuses are well-serviced by public transport. If arriving by car, you may find that some of our campuses will require you to pay for parking. You can find further info on how to find us, here.
- Check out our campus locations and campus maps to make sure you go to the right building for your interview.
- Interviews will take place in Sister Dora (WP) Building at our Walsall Campus. Upon arrival please take a seat in the foyer.
*Paramedic Science courses include BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science and BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science with Foundation Year.