Undergraduate Financial Support for Full Time UK students

Financial support for full-time undergraduate UK students to help with fees and living costs, comes in the form of help from the University, and help from the Government.

Money from the Government - Maintenance Loan

Worked out on your family income and where you're living whilst you are studying, you pay it back once you have left university and your income is more than £21,000. The repayment threshold will increase to £25,000 in April 2018.

Visit student finance on the gov.uk website or contact the Gateway to find out more.

There is also support for:


Money from the University

We can give you extra cash after you start your course.

Money you can earn

A part-time job can help ease the journey through university and make a useful addition to your CV.

Paying course fees

Tuition Fees Loan

If you wish, you can take out a Government Student Loan which covers the full course fee. You pay it back once you've left university and your income is more than £21,000. More information on repayments can be found at: repayments.

It's available to eligible full-time higher education students and does not depend on family income.

The amount of the Tuition Fees Loan is paid directly to the University of Wolverhampton by the Student Loan Company.

Visit student finance on the gov.uk website to find out more.


If you don't want to take out a loan to pay your fees, you might want to take advantage of the University's scheme to pay be instalments: see How to Pay.

The funding available to you depends on when you started your studies and if you have been to University previously.

For more information please contact the Gateway.