Skip to main content

Further sources of financial support

The University is dedicated to helping those most in need during their studies.

Government Money

Students with families

If you are a full-time undergraduate student with children, you may be able to claim Childcare Grant and Parents' Learning Allowance.

Students with disabilities

Students with disabilities may be eligible for the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).

Students on benefits

Although most full-time students are not entitled to social security benefits, certain students in vulnerable groups (including single parents and disabled students) may be eligible for social security benefits, including Housing Benefit.

University Assistance

Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund 

The Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund was set up by the University of Wolverhampton following the withdrawal by the Government of the ring-fenced Access to Learning Fund and aims to support students who find themselves in genuine financial hardship that might impact on their ability to continue on a course at the University.

Emergency loan

Full-time home (UK) students eligible for a Student Loan (or NHS Bursary) may apply for an Emergency Loan if their funding is delayed. For more information and to find out how to apply, speak to an advisor in the Funding Support Team by emailing  - ensure that you put your student number clearly in the subject line and along with a clear explanation of why you are requesting this help and why your funding is delayed - we will require evidence of this.

Alternative Sources of Funding

There are small amounts of funding that may be obtained through trust funds or charitable organisations.