Financial Support for Part-Time Study

Part-time undergraduate UK students could benefit from a Government-sponsored tuition fee loan.

The loan is available to eligible part-time undergraduate students who are studying from 25% up to 75% of a full-time programme.

Students can also apply for a means-tested loan towards their living costs if they are studying for a full undergraduate degree. Students studying for a Foundation Degree or HND can apply for the tuition fee loan but not the maintenance loan. More information and full eligibility criteria can be found at

Extra help

Part-time students with specific additional costs (such as childcare), or who are struggling financially, may be able to apply to the University's hardship fund, the Dennis Turner Opportunity Fund.

Part-time students with a disability or specific learning need can apply for financial support from the Government through the Disabled Student Allowance. Practical support for students with physical or mental health issues is available through the University's Student Support and Wellbeing team. 

Find out more

EU students

EU students can only apply for the tuition fee loan if they have settled or pre-settled status through the EU Settlement Scheme. More information on the eligibility criteria and application procedure can be found at

International Students

These schemes do not apply to international students or EU students who are not settled in the UK - see funding information for International Students for more information.