Gain industry experience with our motor sport team: University of Wolverhampton Racing (UWR)
Watch the University of Wolverhampton Racing Team gaining industry experience working as a professional team in competive Motorsport. This is part of the University’s commitment to produce graduates who can apply both theory and practice in industry.
Not for the faint hearted, this is a once in a life time opportunity to study your Undergraduate Degree, putting the theory into practice in a fast paced racing environment. Your skills and your stamina will be put to the test in order to create a car that can race the fastest laps and compete effectively against national and international racing teams with world class drivers.
Our students currently own and race:
- Formula 3 Dallara F308 with a Honda Mugen engine that will run in the 2019 F3 Cup
- IMechE Formula Student car - Designed, built and driven every year by our students in the UK Formula Student event at Silverstone in July
- 2 Plus 4 Clubsports - Run in the 2019 AR Motorsport Morgan Challenge as part of a developmemt program with Morgan Motor Company
- Formula Renault 2.0 - UWR's debut car which was successfully run in the 2015 Monoposto 2000 Championship and is still used for teaching and testing.
Our range of undergraduate courses develop engineers who have the skills and knowledge to make an immediate contribution to industry and aim for the highest standards of engineering which are found in areas such as professional motor racing.
- Motorsport Engineering,
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Electrical, Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering,
- Automotive Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Mechatronics Engineering