Working with business
We are a technically focused Faculty with a proven success in delivering business services. We are proud of our engagement with local, national and international businesses.
From major multi-million pound projects to individual support for micro companies, we offer the same enthusiasm and professionalism.
- 1,400 regional, national and international business relationships engaging our expertise directly into the High Technology, Computing, Engineering and Construction sectors
- A Current Business Engagement income of £5.5 million per annum
- Applied research and development with 5 patents, plus more in the pipeline.
- 90% of our graduates secure jobs within 6 months of leaving University, many of whom are assisted by our excellent relationships and reputations with businesses within this sector.
- 21 Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) with industry
The Faculty is actively engaged within Consultancy, Research, Student Placements and Knowledge Transfer Activities. In particular our Innovative Product Development Centre, Caparo Innovation Centre, IT Futures, e-Innovation Centre, Virtual Design Enterprise Centre, WARP-Our cyber security network and the Centre for Engineering Excellence; have been helping small to medium sized companies to innovate, develop and improve productivity and skills in their workplace for years.
We can offer support to your business through our team of experienced expert staff, some of whom boast over 30 years’ experience.
Find out more about the university's Business Services
In addition to our consultancy skills, we can also assist your business with the development and commercialisation of new product ideas from concept to the manufacture of finished products through our multi million pound state of the art engineering equipment.
This is regularly accessed by businesses who approach us with their product development concepts, which we develop with them and build to meet their requirements; and has proven to be an ideal resource to business to innovate without having to invest in their own equipment.
Our resources have recently been recognised by world leading Fashion Designers, Olympic Teams and Formula One.
For technical details of our range of world class manufacturing and prototyping facilities please download our Advanced Manufacturing Facility Equipment Directory