Where can you find us?
- Wolverhampton City Campus -Alan Turing Building (MI024) (we are just to right of the entrance) - Open - Monday to Friday 8.45 am – 5.00 pm
- Telford Campus - The Darby Building (SC041) - Open - Monday to Friday 8.45 am – 5.00 pm
Student Services Administrators
- Gerri Whitmore (City Campus)
- Kate Safi (City Campus)
- Wendy Cotterill (City Campus)
- Lacy Cutler (Telford Campus)
Our role is to:
- Provide first-line triage to all student queries and offer advice and guidance where appropriate
- Administer assignment submissions
- Conduct the International monthly check-in
- Assist with SAMs and Academic Skills appointments.
A Student Services Administrator may then refer you onto a Student Advisor.
- Marjorie Wills – School of Maths & Computer Science and School of Engineering
- Rebecca Law – School of Sciences, School of Pharmacy and School of Medicine and Clinical Practice
- Neerja Gautam – School of Architecture and the Built Environment
Our role is to:
- Support individual student difficulties in liaison with colleagues in the Faculty of Science and Engineering and the wider University
- Support and mentor the Graduate Interns
- Understand the student journey and support them throughout their programme to reach their full potential
- Engage with students to promote support available
- Encourage students to utilise the support offered
- Advice of University regulations
- Programmes (course) advice
- Progression advice
- Advice of extenuating circumstances and extensions
If you would like to contact the manager of the Student Services Team for the Faculty of Science and Engineering please email Tasha Cassidy, Acting Student Services Coordinator (T.Cassidy3@wlv.ac.uk).
If you have a query we would recommend logging a Helpdesk call through evision, for the fastest response (at peak times we guarantee to respond within 3 working days but normally we can respond within 1 working day).
Another benefit to using the Helpdesk call is it's very easy to track your query, update your query and have a record of your queries and our responses for the full duration of your course.
- Leave of Absence
- Internal Transfers
- Requesting Official Letters (Council Tax, Bank, Confirmation of Study)
Log this via eVision / Course Administration.
- If you have a manual assignment submission (i.e. you need to physically hand in a hard copy) please print your arcade cover sheet from eVision attach it to your assignment and bring it into us.
- Extenuating Circumstances / Extensions (if you need extra time or are unable to attend an exam* you need to complete this process before your deadline / exam date)
*Subject to your reason being acceptable under our policies and suitable independent evidence being provided. Please discuss this with us for further guidance.
You can also view the policies entitled Extensions - Guidance for Students and Extenuating Circumstances - Guidance for Student at this link under the Individual Conduct section.
We have a Student Services page on Canvas where we will post useful information about your course. Every student in our faculty should be linked to that page automatically.
Our Student Appointment Management System (SAMS) is accessible at any time so that you can make an appointment to see your Personal Tutor / Module Leader / Course Leader or any member of academic staff.