Find the Wireless MAC address of a Games Console or e-Reader
In order to use your handheld games console or e-reader in University buildings you will need to register the MAC address. This will enable the device to use the wolfradiolan network.
This page provides guidance on how to find the MAC address of the devices listed below. When you've found the MAC address, write it down, and register your console with the University by going to https://register.wlv.ac.uk/macreg.asp.
Please note: Wireless access in University accommodation is provided by StudentCOM, so for assistance with connecting home consoles such as the PS4 or XBOX ONE please see their help and guidance. http://my.student.co.uk/support.
- Note: the MAC address has 12 characters - usually a combination of letters and numbers.
Kindle (e-ink Screen)
- Tap the Menu button on the home screen.
- Select Settings.
- Tap the Menu button again.
- Select Device Info.
- Scroll down to find the Wi-Fi MAC Address.
- From the HOME menu, highlight and select the System Settings Icon.
- Select "Internet Settings."
- Tap "Other Information."
- Tap "Confirm MAC Address." Your system's MAC Address will be displayed on the screen.
- Select "System Settings" from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the menu and select "Internet."
- The Nintendo Switch console's MAC address will be listed under "System MAC Address."
Playstation Portable (PSP)
- From the Main Menu, select Settings > System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- This screen will display your MAC address.
- From the Vita Home Screen, tap the Settings application and then tap Start.
- Swipe up on the screen to scroll down to the System option, and then tap the System option.
- Tap the System Information option.
- Your MAC address will be displayed here.