Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the app works on both iPads and Android tablets.
When logging into the myWLV web site you can personalise both the web and mobile version independently.
This is done by:
- Selecting the relevant “Dashboard” (Home, Mobile)
- Clicking the personalise button (top right of screen).
From this screen you can do the following:
- Move the position of tiles around the screen
- Change the colour of tiles
- Show/Hide tiles
- Change the size of the tiles
- Change the animation settings (scrolling text)
- Restore to default
It is also possible to move tiles around on the mobile apps using your finger; by pressing and holding on the tile and then dragging it to its new location. Other changes must be made via the website.
Your myWLV settings (look and feel, tile positions, shown/hidden tiles) can be restored to default by:
- Logging into myWLV (my.wlv.ac.uk)
- Select the relevant dashboard (Home or Mobile) from the left hand menu
- Clicking the personalise button (top right)
- Scrolling down the right hand menu
- Click the “Reset Layout” button
There are two ways, either via the tiles on the homepage or using the bookmarks functionality at the top of the screen.
myWLV uses your standard University IT account (e.g. the same you use to access you email, Canvas etc.). Please use your email address and password.
If you are continuing to have problems please contact IT Support using the portal.
myWLV is currently a pilot for students who are enrolled on a course that is primarily delivered on campus (undergraduate, postgraduate and research).
If you do not fall into this category you will not see any tiles.
If you do fall into this group and have not enrolled please contact Registry to progress your enrolment.
From full enrolment completion to being able to access myWLV can take up to 3 hours. If this time has elapsed and you still can not access please contact IT Support using the portal.
This could be for one of two reasons:
- The tiles can be personalised by students so they may have hidden or moved some around their screen.
- The tiles are targeted to groups of students that the information is relevant to.
No, myWLV is designed to give a single point of personalised access to the variety systems the University offers. This includes pulling through relevant information (e.g. deadlines, timetables) and linking to underlying systems.
myWLV supports the use of screen readers, changing of colours for better colour contrast, text resizing etc. If you are in need of more support please contact the Student Support and Wellbeing (SSW)
If you have issues with access to myWLV, it may be that you have not fully completed your enrolment and chosen your modules. Please make sure to do this, but if you still have an issue, contact the help desk in e:vison.
iPhone & iPad (iOS 6 and above)
Android devices (Android 4 and above)
The mobile-optimised website will work on all mobile devices.
Yes on all University owned computers.
- If any of the timetables for your modules are incorrect or missing, please contact the team by logging into E:Vision and raising a call using the help button.
- For any other problems please contact IT Support using the portal.