Explore your Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) provision
Whether working with us as an individual teacher or a school working to expand your MFL provision, the Institute of Education can provide you with a flexible teaching solution to meet your requirements.
Our core competencies include:
- Close collaboration with our partnership schools where the languages departments often include ex Wolverhampton trainees who have progressed to be subject mentors, Heads of Department or Advanced Skills Teachers.
- We model excellent practice to future teachers and provide a stimulating envioronment where you can develop as creative and effective languages teachers.
- The MFL course programme includes varied and rich input from university tutors and experienced teachers from partnership schools who all share a passion for languages.
- Your enthusiasm for languages and target language cultures will be maintained through a variety of experiences in a range of educational environments.
- You will be supported by careful mentoring in university and in schools to develop into a reflective and successful teacher of Modern Foreign Languages, whilst establishing your own teaching style.
- During the course you will learn to appreciate the interdependence of theory and practice and will move your practice forward through a combination of reading, everyday practice, observation, professional dialogue and involvement in small-scale research projects.
- There are pre-course opportunities to enhance your subject knowledge, and you are encouraged to regularly audit and review your progress during the training year.
For more information contact the Institute of Education:
For partnership enquiries: FEHWExternalpartnerships@wlv.ac.uk