Visitors from other educational institutions should connect to the eduroam service, using the username and password issued by their own institution to access the Internet here (remembering to include the institutional suffix).
As of 1 November, 2017, the University has a simpler way for visitors, guests or commercial tenants to get access to the Internet. The previous system required a member of University staff to create an account and pass on the detail to the visitor, whereas now a visitor can just connect to the network and register online.
Each guest must follow these steps on their device in order to gain access to the Guest wireless network:
1) Connect your device to GuestUoW from the list of available networks. (Be sure to select GuestUoW and NOT UoWguest).
2) Open a web browser and go to https://wlvcp.luns.net.uk. You can also go to http://www.example.com or any other non-https: website, which will redirect your browser provided you have connected to the right network.
3) Read and accept the Guest Network Ts & Cs (PDF 145K, Downloads file)
4) Either, log in with your Google or Facebook account
Or proved an email address. (Be sure to give the address of an account you can access from your device). You will be granted access to the network for 5 minutes in order to receive and access a confirmation email. Open the email and click on the registration link.
5) You’ll now have automatic access for 3 days. After this time you'll need to repeat the registration process.
If you experience problems, please contact the IT Service Desk on 01902 32 2000 (ext. 2000).
For a detailed guide and more information, view the Guest Wi-Fi Network user guide (PDF 342K, Downloads file). This guide can be downloaded and sent on to guests to follow upon arrival.
Last updated 24.11.17