Business Objects can be used to interrogate databases, and produce reports from them.
It is very useful for reporting on corporate databases.
If you would like more information, please email the planning department at firstname.lastname@example.org who will respond to your query.
- To access Business Objects, open a browser and enter this URL address (this is case sensitive) https://bobj.wlv.ac.uk/BOE/BI
- Save it to your favourites list.
- You will then be presented with the log-on screen below. Enter your IT username and password and click on the Log On button. Subsequent log-ons will only require you to enter your password.
- Click on the Document List folder
- Expand the Public Folders group. If you have reports sent directly to your Inbox, click on the Inbox folder and then follow the running a report instructions below.
- Expand the Document group.
- Click on the Public Folder that contains the report to be run.
- A list of reports will be displayed belonging to that folder (this may run to more than one page).
- Double-click on the report title of the report you wish to run.
- The displayed report will either produce output with data or an empty page. Either way, click on the Refresh Data button near the top right hand corner of the report.
- This will either refresh the report directly or bring up a prompt box to enter parameters to run the report.
- If re-entering parameters, double click a value from the list or enter directly into the parameter box.
- Click on each of the parameter items opposite a red arrow and enter the data appropriately for each one in the parameter box.
- Having entered all of the required parameters, click on the Run Query button.
- The report output will be displayed in HTML format. If you wish to print the report to a local printer, click on the printer symbol towards the top left of the report output. Click on the open button, which will display the output in standard Adobe PDF format. Print this in the usual way and close the document.
- When finished, click on the Log Out button towards the top right hand corner of the screen, or click on the Close Document button to exit back to your list of reports.