The University of Wolverhampton is committed to ensuring the academic integrity of the courses we offer. We take pride in the academic honesty of our students but sometimes academic misconduct occurs, and when it does the Conduct and Appeals Unit will take action.
Academic misconduct includes plagiarism, collusion and cheating and may be deliberate or unintentional. Whatever form it takes it will be thoroughly investigated and penalties will be applied if proven.
There are many ways to avoid falling foul of academic misconduct and the links below offer guidance on how you can develop your academic skills so that it doesn’t happen. But if it does, below are also details of the University policy and procedure on handling academic misconduct is managed and what you can expect if you are suspected of academic misconduct.
- Skills for Learning
- Regulations and Procedures for Academic Misconduct - 2018 (Word doc 83k)
- Academic Misconduct FlowchartAcademic Misconduct Flow Chart
- Policy on Maintaining Academic Integrity (Word doc 58k)
- Procedure for the Management of a VIVA in cases of suspected Academic Misconduct (Word doc 61k)
- What to expect in a Stage 1 Academic Misconduct Meeting (Word doc 80k)
- What to expect in the Stage 1 - AM Procedure - Overseas by Correspondence (Word doc 78k)
- Academic Misconduct Appeal form (Word doc 68k)