I need help now

If you are a student who is concerned that you might harm yourself, you need to contact an emergency or crisis support service.

Below are details of the main emergency and crisis support services. 

  • You can telephone Samaritans on 116 123 from your mobile or landline (not a University phone) or send an email to: jo@samaritans.org
  • The CAM Crisis Messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and need help, you can text CAM at 85258.

If you're on campus or in University accommodation

  • Call 01902 325 555 (or 5555 from any internal phone) to contact Campus Security, who are available 24/7.

Please do not forget the importance of talking to someone you trust. Let family or friends know what's going on for you. They may be able to offer support and help keep you safe. There's no right or wrong way to talk about suicidal feelings – starting the conversation is essential.

Please be aware that our University Mental Health and Wellbeing team is not an emergency service and does not operate 24/7. Complete our online registration form to access our support services, and someone will get back to you within two days. 

Pocket Support Guide

Download our Our Pocket Support Guide  and save it somewhere you can access it easily, including your phone, or you can simply print it out.

NHS support

NHS and local mental health trust support links can be found below whether you already have support or wish to access specific support.

Please note that local NHS provision is based on your GP, not your address, so it is important that you register with a local GP when moving to university.