What we have to offer?
Our team of careers staff are here to support your transition into the world of work. Our services are available to you for up to 3 years after you graduate which include:
- 1-2-1 careers appointments to help with application forms and CV's
- Mock interviews to help you practice answering difficult or sector specific interview questions
- Research further study options
- Information on Graduate schemes and internships
- Advice on options and professional qualifications you might need to successfully meet your career aspirations
- Careers advice and information for once you start employment
Still exploring your career options?
Whether you’re considering travelling abroad or postgraduate study, our team can help you plan out your options after university. We have a number of schemes in the UK and abroad which will allow you to gain valuable careers experience.
If you are still not sure which career path to take, make an appointment with one of our careers advisers or take a look at our occupational guides available in Careers SPACE.
The way that you search for jobs should reflect the type of work you’re looking for as well as where you’d like to work. Before starting to job hunt, make sure that you research the type of work you’re interested in to find out how people working in your career of interest tend to find employment. The occupational profiles on the prospects website can help you to conduct this initial research, as can speaking to a Careers Adviser.
Not found a job yet?
It’s really normal to not know what you want to do when you graduate and often is takes a while to get into the job you have in mind. Keep going, stay resilient in your job hunt.
There could be many reasons things aren’t going to plan. Have you:
- Targeted your CV and had it checked?
- Have you researched the employer and do you know what they are looking for
- Do you know what your selling points are?
- Have you practiced for upcoming Job assessments? If not, you can register at Graduates First for FREE as Wolverhampton alumnus.
- Have you got enough experience for the role you are applying for
- Are you looking in the right places for the jobs you are interested in?
- Found yourself a mentor?
- Does your online presence do you justice?
Don’t panic, we can help you work out what’s going wrong and can help you work out the next best steps to take. You can come and see us up to 3 years after graduation.
Congratulations if you have managed to secure a graduate job on completion of your degree. We want to ensure that you have the skills and qualities needed to be successful and resilient in your new role. You may be asked to do things that you have not had to consider in previous employment, such as mentor someone, run a team meeting or line management. Whatever situation or task you face, we want to equip you with the tools to perform to the best of your abilities within your new role.
There are a number of ways in which you can quickly find postgraduate courses. To decide between the courses you find there are a number of factors to consider.
Ways to search for courses
- Use the Prospects course directory or the hard copy Prospects Directories available in the Careers Centre
- Attend the postgraduate study fairs listed on Prospects to speak to university representatives
- Visit the websites of universities you're interested in to check their course directory and to see when they are running postgraduate open days
- Speak directly to the lecturer who teaches the course
- Find out which courses are recommended by professional organisations linked to your chosen sector
Other useful sites
Career SPACE Disclaimer:
The University of Wolverhampton may share certain information with third party software suppliers to facilitate a single sign on function. Such information may include your first name, last name, course details and email address. By using this software you are providing your consent to The University of Wolverhampton to share such information with its third party software suppliers for this purpose only. The University of Wolverhampton is committed to complying with Data Protection legislation. For more information, please see our Privacy Notice.