The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile will take place at the Walsall Campus Sports Centre on Sunday, March 16 2008. The event is also open to the local community and up to 300 participants can run or walk one, three or six miles around the campus athletics track.
Throughout the day participants and spectators will have the opportunity to scale a mobile climbing wall and there will be music and a barbecue.
Sports Development Manager for the Athletic Union, Ali Mahoney, said: “We are delighted to be staging a Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile at the University. It’s one of 250 other events across the country and will be a great day out and a great way to raise money for Comic Relief!
“By getting involved in this event, you will be helping to raise money for Comic Relief to transform lives here in the UK and across the world’s poorest countries.”
There will be three waves of runners starting at 10am, 11.30am and 12.30am; each wave will be officially started by University Sport Scholarship athletes.
For more information, contact: Ali Mahoney, Sports Development Manager, Students’ Union, University of Wolverhampton on firstname.lastname@example.org
or 01902 322022
The Students’ Union is working in partnership with the University Sport & Recreation Services department to run this event
Information on Comic Relief/Sport Relief:
- To make a donation, call 08457 910910 (local rate call charges apply)
- For some ideas on how to get involved in Sport Relief 2008, visit the website: www.sportrelief.com
- Since its launch in 1985 Comic Relief has raised just under half a billion pounds
- 50% of the money raised directly through Sport Relief is allocated to work in the UK and 50% goes to some of the world’s poorest countries
- Sport Relief, an initiative of Comic Relief is registered with the Charity Commission, number 326568