Endsleigh Insurance

Logo of Endsleigh Insurance against a white background, a stylised red letter e in front of black text reading endsleigh

We have partnered up with Endsleigh Insurance who cover basic contents insurance while you stay in our university halls. Student contents insurance is a type of insurance policy that will protect your contents and belongings while you’re living in university accommodation - such as:

  • Clothes
  • Furniture
  • Electrical items

With Endsleigh, you can build your student contents policy to include cover for gadgets against theft, accidental and liquid damage while you’re away at university. 

people sitting down near table with assorted laptop computers

If you’re a student at university, you’ll likely have all sorts of gadgets and belongings to help you stay connected and make your student digs feel more homely.

But once you move away from home, you may find that your belongings are no longer covered under your parents’ or guardians’ home insurance policy – and even if they are, it may not provide as comprehensive cover as you need. For example, your belongings may only be protected inside your uni room, not whilst you’re out with friends or at lectures.

MacBook Pro on table beside white iMac and Magic Mouse

Confirm your FREE contents insurance

Your contents. Covered. By partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider, we’ve arranged free contents insurance for all our students staying with us. It is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered. Plus you’ll also be entered into a prize draw, courtesy of Endsleigh! Visit confirm your cover to see:

  • What is and what isn’t covered
  • Key exclusions - where cover isn’t provided
  • Policy excess – the amount you pay when you make a claim
  • How to make claim
  • Personalise cover

We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh have launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home.

Click here to find out what's covered: Endsleigh Insurance Policy 24.25

Content Claims

Given the recent weather across the UK we have seen an increase in flood and storm related claims on students contents as well as claims for power outages and loss of frozen food as a result. Please remember that students contents are covered under your policy with us and we encourage them to claim when needed. 

Generally we will insure contents against flood damage / storm damage / leaks / water escape / power outages causing food loss. However, your policy may differ, so please check or ask for any clarity.

Checking what is covered:

For a student / staff to see what is / isn’t insured, all they need to do is visit https://my.endsleigh.co.uk/signup or download the 'My Endsleigh' app from the app store on Android and Apple devices.

Next step it will ask where you study and live, this will then give you a confirmation of the cover applicable.

Making a claim:

Following the above step, the ME app will then direct you to how to make a claim. All of the information is also available at Zurich Insurance - Property Claims Portal - Home


UUK LogoInvestor in Students Silver Award 2022Investor in Students Silver Award 2023