R11: Getting the most out of your supervisory team
In this session you will:
- Discuss different styles of supervising;
- Reflect on how you will work with your supervisors;
- Consider what you can expect from your supervisor;
- Consider what your supervisor expects from you; before, during and after supervisions;
- Share ways of managing joint supervisors;
- Brainstorm ways of dealing with problems…
Facilitator: Dr Debra Cureton
|Thursday 17th October, 2019||2pm-4pm||Online||Eventbrite Link|
|Thursday 14th May, 2020||10am-12noon||NOW BEING DELIVERED ONLINE||Eventbrite Link|
Vitae RDF descriptors addressed in this session are:
Knowledge and intellectual abilities (A)
This domain contains the knowledge and intellectual abilities needed to be able to carry out excellent research.
- Cognitive abilities (A2)
Personal effectiveness (B)
This domain contains the personal qualities, career and self-management skills required to take ownership for and control of professional development.
- Personal qualities (B1)
- Self-management (B2)
Research governance and organisation (C)
This domain contains the knowledge of the standards, requirements and professional conduct that are needed for the effective management of research.
- Professional conduct (C1)
Engagement, influence and impact (D)
This domain contains the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to engage with, influence and impact on the academic, social, cultural and economic context.
- Working with others (D1)