Skip to main content




Useful guides, documents and information about Student Support & Wellbeing and its processes

Information on the Disabled Sudents' Allowances from GOV.UK

Once your eligibility for DSA is confirmed, Student Finance England may ask you to contact an assessment centre to work out what help you need.  This is known as a needs assessment. Don’t book this until Student Finance England asks you to.  The assessment is paid for through any DSA entitlement you may have.

A Study Needs Assessment is an informal meeting between a student and an experienced study needs assessor. This will help identify what support the student requires based on their individual needs.  A Study Needs Assessment is required if the student has applied, and been considered eligible, for Disabled Students’ Allowances.