Opportunity Scholarship 2019 entry only
If you have applied to study a full-time undergraduate degree course (level 4), you could be nominated by your tutor to receive the £2,000 University of Wolverhampton Opportunity Scholarship. If you are selected to receive the scholarship, you will be paid directly in two instalments during your first and second year of studies to help you manage your various living and studying commitments.
To be eligible, you need to have applied to a full-time undergraduate course (level 4) at the University of Wolverhampton, and demonstrate any of the following:
• You are a carer or care leaver.
• You have attendance that is 90% or above.
• You are the first in your family to go to university.
• You have a record of community engagement/ fundraising in your school, college or local area.
A fixed number of scholarsips will be reserved for candidates selected by the University's college partners and family schools. There is no formal application procedure as schools and colleges will nominate directly.
Nominated students who meet the eligibility criteria for the scheme and successfully enrol will receive payment of the award.
Please note that all of the Opportunity Scholarships have been awarded. If you have not received an email from the University then you have been nominated.
Terms and conditions
- Payments are made through the Student Loans Company (where student is funded)
- Payments are split into 2 instalments of £500 each year, subject to re-enrolment
- September starters - December and May of each year
- January starters - April and December of each year
- If a student takes a period of Leave of Absence (LOA) during either year any outstanding payments will be made in line with the original schedule on their return to study
- Second instalments will only be made to students who are still enrolled at the time payment is due