Our aim at WLV Sport is to enable students to play competitive sport whilst studying at University of Wolverhampton. We enter teams across a range of sports; Basketball, Netball, Judo,Badminton, Futsal and Football, in the national BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sport) competition programme. We also offer the opportunity to enter individual BUCS competitions and championships throughout the year for individual sports.
To compete for a University of Wolverhampton BUCS team, students need to purchase the WLV Sport membership which gives the following benefits:
- High level of coached training sessions
- Access to high class sporting facilities
- Strength and Conditioning group session
- Sports Insurance whilst in competition or training
- Sport Therapy Massage Clinic
- Sport Therapy Injury Clinic
- Game Analysis
- Transport to and from away games
- BUCS playing kit (University owned)
- Affiliations (Teams representing the University)
- Match day officials’ payment
- Warm up top (student owned)
To purchase the WLV BUCS Membership please download the 'WLV Sport' app and click BUCS Membership tile. When purchasing the membership the Code of Conduct also need s to be read and signed. For more information or help please email TeamWolves@WLV.ac.uk
The University of Wolverhampton aims to create a community with an atmosphere of trust, harmony, and mutual respect. Good standards of communal life need to be maintained for the benefit of all members. Students should also show proper concern in their behaviour generally and in particular where this might reflect on the reputation of the University, and of its members.
WLV Sport is committed to promoting and supporting students to participate in sporting activities safely, inclusively, and responsibly.
The aim of the WLV Sport Code of Conduct is to:
• Protect others such as other students, spectators, or competitors, potentially affected by a WLV Sport members actions.
• Ensure the highest standards of fairness, honesty, competition, and behaviour.
• Reduce the risk of harm, injury, and harassment to WLV members and the community in general
• Create inclusive student teams and environment
• Detail the actions that will be taken if the Code of Conduct is alleged to be breached
The WLV Sport Code of Conduct applies to all WLV Sport:
The Code of Conduct applies at home and away fixtures, when travelling to and from competition, when competing, and at all other times when sporting and social events are organised under the umbrella of WLV Sport.
Our Sports Scholarship Programme aims to help talented student-athletes realise their sporting potential whilst supporting them through their academic studies. Click here for more information.
Walsall Sport Centre
- 3G football pitch
- Sports halls
- Badminton, basketball, netball, volleyball courts, Football and international standard Futsal court
- Fitness suite and weights room with cardio, resistance and plate loaded equipment
- Outdoor tennis and netball courts
- Six lane 200m sprint track
City Sports Centre
- Sports hall
- Badminton, basketball, netball and volleyball courts
- Five-a-side pitch
- Fitness suite
- Conditioning suite
- Plate Loaded and Free Weights suite
- Outdoor Sports Zone
British Universities & Colleges Sport is the national governing body for Higher Education sport in the UK. BUCS works with its member institutions to get more students active more often through competitive sport and providing physical activity opportunities. To complete against other Universities as part of a sport club, students must be registered with BUCS Play. Registration can be completed at the BUCS Play website.