Community Football Hub
BUCS in partnership with the Football Association and FE partners British Colleges Sport (BCS) aims to support effective partnership working between FA Charter Standard Clubs and FE/HE institutions to enable clubs to gain access to sustainable use of new and existing sports facilities on college and university sites whilst supporting institutions to deliver key sport development priorities through the use of effective community engagement. The University of Wolverhampton is proud to be partnering with BUCS and the Football Association to deliver this community football hub programme.
The partnership has the potential to transform community football club infrastructure whilst supporting education and community football delivery in the local area.
The University is a Tier 2 partner, working with the FA and BUCs on delivering:
- Growth in Women's football
- 16-25 adults in the community opportunities
- A student volunteering and workforce programme
- Development of new BUCS Football/Futsal team
- Increased intra mural, recreational football and futsal participation
- A football activator