About Our Doctoral College
The Doctoral College was established in 2013 and is located in the Research Hub in the City Campus. The Doctoral College’s mission is to support all staff and student researchers at the University of Wolverhampton. All of our postgraduate research students studying in the UK or abroad, part-time or full-time, are part of both their Faculty and the Doctoral College community.
The Doctoral College is managed through the Research Policy Unit and uses this combined expertise to deliver its mission. There is dedicated administrative support that provides a central contact point for staff and PGR students.
The Doctoral College:
- generates, coordinates and delivers comprehensive researcher development including the Postgraduate Researcher Development Programme (PRDP) and the Research Supervisors’ Development Programme (RSDP)
- disseminates and promotes information on the programmes of events and training sessions across the year
- contributes to the development of research staff and provides a wide-ranging Early Career Researcher Development Programme (ERDP), The Early Researcher Award Scheme (ERAS), dissemination and research programme development courses and support for mid-career researchers and research leaders.
- builds an overarching and vibrant research community that unites and supports all research students
- coordinates research student representation
- organises research events such as the Annual Research Conferences, Graduate Weeks and University of Wolverhampton Lecture Series.
You can email us via: DoctoralCollege@wlv.ac.uk and follow us on Twitter via @WLV_DoctoralCol
Meet the Team
|Professor Silke Machold||Dean of Research & Head of the Research Policy Unit|
|Dr Benjamin Halligan||Director of the Doctoral College|
|Dr Debra Cureton||Research Development Manager|
|Dr Stephen Greenfield||Doctoral College Administration & Communications|