1) Any member of staff who can demonstrate that they are at postdoctoral level now or have attained this level within the last 5 years. Normally such evidence would include:
- A PhD (or equivalent doctoral qualification) awarded since January 2013
- A doctoral thesis that has been submitted for examination but has not yet been examined. A confirmation letter from the Director of Studies will be required.
2) An exemption to point 1 (above) will be given consideration by the selection panel in cases of, but not limited to: career breaks, career changes, parental leave, periods of extended ill health, caring responsibilities, first academic position. A request for exemption should be attached to the application form.
3) Applicants must be members of staff of the University of Wolverhampton that have a current payroll number and whose contract exceeds the duration of the scheme.
4) There is no age limit. ‘Early researcher’ is interpreted here as ‘at the beginning of a postdoctoral career’, and does not correlate to chronological age of the applicant.
5) Staff who have received the ERAS award before are not eligible to apply a second time.
6) Staff at Reader level or above are not eligible to apply.
7) Staff who have taken part in the ‘NU2EU’ programme or the Grants Academy are not eligible to apply.
8) Staff who are part-time (FTE 0.5 and below) are eligible to apply to deliver ERAS over 24 month. Evidence that you are a part-time member of staff will be required.
Please note: ERAS aims to support the development of early career researchers. The activities involved in the programme provide many opportunities to develop research related skills, as well as offering the chance to learn from research leaders at the University. If you feel that you fit the criteria above but would not describe yourself as an early career researcher, this opportunity may not be right for you.