The Centre for Engineering Innovation and Research (CEIR) is focused on combining advanced scientific techniques, specialist knowledge and critical enquiry to solve engineering problems relevant to the industry, society, healthcare, and the environment. From advanced additive manufacturing to metamaterials, tissue engineering biomaterials, next-generation energy-absorbing devices, and advanced energy storage, the innovations at CEIR are focused on pushing the boundaries of engineering through interdisciplinary enquiry. The centre encompasses multiple research groups focused on in-depth enquiry into various cross-cutting and interdisciplinary thematic areas.
For information regarding research activities or collaborations, please contact Dr Arun Arjunan (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is the Director of the Centre for Engineering Innovation and Research.
The following are grant-funded projects:
ERS Seminar archive
- ERS3: 13th Jan 2021, 13:00 to 13:30; Presenter: Dr Adriano Cerminara; Research topic: Turbulent transition in hypersonic flow and wall cooling via injection through porous coating
- ERS4: 3rd Feb 2021, 13:00 to 13:30; Presenter: Alireza Majid; Research topic: Reliability and Failure of Photovoltaic Module Interconnections
- ERS5: 3rd Mar 2021, 13:00 to 13:30; Presenter: Martin Eason; Research topic: Experiential capital of mature returners to engineering education
- ERS6: 14th Apr 2021, 13:00 to 13:30; Presenter: Folarin Ojetoro; Research topic: Battery Management Systems: Towards Optimal performance of Lithium-Ion Batteries
- ERS7: 5th May 2021, 13:00 to 13:30; Presenter: Dr David Adebayo; Research topic: The Effects of Impinging Wakes upon Transition across a Laminar Separation Bubble
- ERS1: 11th Nov 2020, 13:00 to 13:30; Presenter: Dr Syed Hasan; Research topic: Structural Integrity: Life of a CRACK
- ERS2: 2nd Dec 2020, 13:00 to 13:30; Presenter: Iain Lyall; Research topic: Don’t underestimate the task ahead – Get the support you require