New professors help boost University research profile
The University of Wolverhampton has confirmed its investment to research with seven new professorial appointments and four readers.
The appointments are recognition of the researchers’ academic excellence and contribution to their field of expertise.
Vice Chancellor Professor Geoff Layer said: “We are very pleased to announce the appointment of several new Professors and Readers.
“Research is at the heart of everything the University does; informing teaching, business and society. We have an exciting and dynamic research community, which is growing and expanding. These appointments will enable us to raise our research profile even more.”
The new professors are:
- David Hill, Professor of Applied Microbiology
- George Kassimeris, Professor of Security Studies
- Paul Kirkham, Professor of Cell Biology
- Kristina Niederrer, Professor in Design & Craft
- James Tang, Professor in Pharmaceutics
- Laura Ugolini, Professor in History
- Weiguang Wang, Professor of Cancer Studies.
The new readers are:
- Dr David Cox, Reader in Criminal Justice History
- Dr Richard Hawkins, Reader in History
- Dr Rosie Miles, Reader in English Literature & Pedagogy
- Dr Eamonn O’Kane, Reader in Conflict Studies.
For more information please contact Emma Pugh in the Media Relations Office on
Date Issued: Friday 15 August 2014
For more information please contact the Media Relations Office on 01902 32 2736 or 01902 518647.