What’s new at the University Library?Article date: Wednesday 19 September 2018
Over the summer we’ve made a number of changes to improve your library service. The following tells you what’s changed and gives an overview of borrowing policies.
Learning Centres have become Libraries
We’re in the process of changing our name from Learning Centres to Libraries. You may still see some references to Learning Centres in signage, web and print. Please bear with us while we get these changed.
Borrowing is made quicker and easier than ever with our new easy to use kiosks.
- issue multiple items at a time (by stacking them on the shelf below the screen.)
- check your library account (My Account)
- pay fines with chip and pin or contactless card payment (coming soon)
Tip: You’ll need your ID card to loan items, but not to return them.
Find all the resources you need in one place with the new catalogue LibrarySearch.
- Discovery is made simpler with a single search bar.
- You can search our full collection of print and e-resources.
- Refine your search by resource type (such as printed books, journals or databases)
- Further customise your results by ‘pinning’ you favourite searches and personalising results by 'discipline' (your subject).
- You can also access My Account to check your loan details, and easily navigate to other key areas of the website.
To use LibrarySearch go to https://librarysearch.wlv.ac.uk
If you have a comment or query on LibrarySearch you can leave feedback.
Accessing your library account couldn't be simpler. You no longer need to remember your WP number and PIN, just log on with your University email address (or UNV\username) and password.
From My Account you can see your current loans, history, requests, notifications and fines.
You can access My Account from:
- Self-Service Kiosks at all four libraries
- LibrarySearch https://librarysearch.wlv.ac.uk
- the University Library website https://www.wlv.ac.uk/lib
- the student portal, MyWLV https://www.wlv.ac.uk/its/mywlv/
You’ll receive courtesy notifications to My Account and your university email, including:
- Monthly Loan Summary
- Items ready for collection notice
- Request cancellation email
- Change of due date emails
- Students can now loan up to 30 items at a time and make 15 requests (previously known as ‘reservations’).
- Staff, researchers and postgraduates can loan up to 40.
- Standard loan period is 1 week.
- Extended students (registered with SSW) can borrow 40 items and make 15 requests. Loan period is 6 weeks, and you will have 15 days to return recalled items.
- Teaching students can borrow up to 20 items from the curriculum resource collection at Walsall for 6 week loans.
- External students can borrow 5 items, and cannot make requests. Loan period is 15 days.
Loans will be automatically renewed unless requested by someone else, or if you have overdue fines of £25+.
We’ll notify you by email when at item has been recalled, it must be returned within 7 days, or 15 days for extended loan users.
For more information see Borrowing and Renewing.
Requests (previously known as ‘reservations’)
If all the copies of a resource you want are on loan or held at another library you can request it. Just click on the ‘request’ button next to the resource in LibrarySearch, then choose your preferred collection location.
You’ll get an email when it’s ready to collect and will have 7 days to collect the book before it’s put back on the shelf.
When you collect your book, don’t forget to check it out at the kiosk or Help Desk.
For more information see Requests.
Fines, Fees and Account Restrictions
If you don’t return a recalled item within 7 days of receiving the recall notification it becomes ‘overdue’ and you’ll be fined £1 per day until the book is returned, up to a maximum of £21 per item.
If an item reaches 21 days overdue it will be considered lost and you’ll be charged an additional £50 to replace the book. The £50 invoice will be cleared if you return the book to a library Help Desk, or if you replace it, but you will still need to pay the overdue fine.
If you reach a total of £25 in unpaid fines your IT and Library Accounts will be blocked. Should this happen please contact the Library.
For more information see Fines.
Inter Library Loans (ILL) & Thesis Requests
If a resource you need isn’t in our collection, we can usually get it from another library.
This service is now available free of charge for 3rd year students, researchers and postgraduates and staff. 1st and 2nd year students can request with tutor approval.
The loan period varies but is usually 4 weeks.
Students can request up to 10 ILLs at a time (in addition to your normal borrowing allowance.) Staff can request up to 40.
To request an ILL you must submit a Request Form available at Help Desks and the Inter Library Loans webpage.
You will receive notifications telling you when to collect and return your loan. ILLs can be returned to a library at any campus.
Overdue fines are £1 per day.
ILLs can only be renewed once, and must first be returned to a Help Desk before the due date so we can ask the lender’s permission.
For more information see Inter Library Loans.