Join us for an electrifying workshop as we unveil the secrets of electrical circuits! In this hands-on session, your students will dive into the world of electricity as we explore circuits, resistance, potential difference and current. Your students will conduct experiments to explore the impact of varying wire lengths at a constant temperature.
Each session is 50 minutes in duration and can accommodate one class. A maximum of 3 sessions can be provided in one day.
This session links in with the school curriculum in the following ways
- electric current, measured in amperes, in circuits, series and parallel circuits, currents add where branches meet and current as flow of charge
- potential difference, measured in volts, battery and bulb ratings; resistance, measured in ohms, as the ratio of potential difference (p.d.) to current
- measuring resistance using p.d. and current measurements
- exploring current, resistance and voltage relationships for different circuit elements; including their graphical representations
- drawing circuit diagrams; exploring equivalent resistance for resistors in series
- Addressing the needs of each pupil.
- Linking curriculum learning to careers.
- Encounters with Further and Higher Education