This workshop will allow the students to understand the concepts of gravity and air resistance and how these apply to rockets. The students will be able to put their new knowledge into action by designing their own rockets, exploring different designs and shapes, ready for a class competition!
Each session is 50 minutes in duration and can accommodate one class. A maximum of 3 sessions can be provided in one day.
This session links in with the school curriculum in the following ways
- The basics of gravity and falling objects
- How different objects fall
- Explain that unsupported objects fall towards the Earth because of the force of gravity acting between the Earth and the falling object.
- Identify the effects of air resistance
- Addressing the needs of each pupil.
- Linking curriculum learning to careers.
- Encounters with Further and Higher Education