In this session your students will be immersed in the world of senses: exploring vision, hearing, taste, smell and touch. Together we will explore how we as humans use our senses and why our senses are important, but also how other animals' senses may be different to ours and why that is needed. This session involves student participation and we would appreciate it if you informed us of any allergies or dietary requirements your students and staff may have.
Each session is 50 minutes in duration and can accommodate one class. A maximum of 3 sessions can be provided in one day.
This session links in with the national curriculum in the following ways
- Use senses to compare different textures. sounds, and smells.
- Identify which part of the body is associated with each sense.
- Use observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions.
- Ask relevant questions and use different types of scientific inquiries to answer them.
- Use straightforward scientific evidence to answer questions, or to support their findings.
- Compare and contrast different types of animals.
- Addressing the needs of each pupil.
- Linking curriculum learning to careers.