This immersive activity will develop your student's critical thinking skills and their understanding of the application of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). Students will explore methods used in forensic investigations to analyse evidence and come to conclusions without bias. By the end of the session, the students will have a greater understanding of the type of analysis and career pathways which are involved within Forensic Science and how STEM is incorporated into investigations.
Each session is 50 minutes in duration and can accommodate one class. A maximum of 3 sessions can be provided in one day.
This session links in with the national curriculum in the following ways
- Concern for accuracy, precision, repeatability, and reproducibility
- Experimental skills and investigations
- Use scientific theories and explanations to develop hypotheses
- Carry out practical sessions appropriately, having care for accuracy as well as health and safety.
- Addressing the needs of each pupil.
- Linking curriculum learning to careers.
- Encounters with Further and Higher Education.