Advanced Materials and Composites brings together a multi-disciplinary team of researchers. The group focusses on the development and design of innovative hybrid processes and materials for advanced manufacturing applications. Research addresses current societal challenges included in the UK Government’s Industrial Strategy focussing on new product innovation and development, process engineering, process optimisation, integrated transportation systems and control engineering, biomedical healthcare systems, manufacturing systems, and supply chain logistics and optimisation. All activity is aimed at delivering practicable solutions to local and national manufacturing companies.
Future research activity will be focussed on the aims stated in regional and UK Industrial Strategies and specifically focussed on fundamental innovation in key areas of interest in transportation, energy, and device manufacture from the bench to commercialisation.
- Professor Keith Burnham, Associate Dean of Research and Postgraduate Studies for the Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Dr Arun Arjunan, Reader in Additive Manufacturing of Functional Materials
- Dr Ahmad Baroutaji, Senior Lecturer in Engineering
- Dr Klaudio Bari, Principal Lecturer in Engineering
- Dr Kiran Gulia, Senior Lecturer in Engineering
- Dr Syed Hasan, Head of Engineering
- Professor Andrew Pollard, Industrial Professor in the Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Professor Chike Oduza, Professor in Process and Manufacturing Engineering