Introduction to Academic Writing
- When? 28 September 2023 , 14:00 - 15:30
- Where? Online
This workshop will take you through the important first stages of academic writing, including planning your time and understanding your assignment, through to starting to write, editing and proofreading your work.
This workshop is the starting point of academic writing and we encourage all students to attend this workshop before moving onto Critical Thinking.
After the workshop you should be able to:
• Produce a timetable of activities required to successfully complete an assignment
• Identify and interpret the task words in an assignment brief
• Describe the features that make a piece of work academic
• Review and edit a piece of text to make it more academic
• Demonstrate a number of proofreading strategies
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any specific support requirements.