Hygrothermal Analysis Workshop using WUFI Software
- When? 12 November 2019 , 08:30am - 04:00pm
- Where? Marches Growth Hub, Telford Innovation Campus, SB Building, Shifnal Road, Priorslee, Telford, TF2 9NT
The Built Environment Climate Change Innovation (BECCI) project is delighted to announce that we are organising a workshop using WUFI Plus hygrothermal analysis software for thermal performance and the effect of moisture in buildings.
This workshop is suited for practitioners who are currently designing, building or retrofitting; and are concerned about:
- Heat loss through fabric
- Energy consumption
- Moisture effect in new vs old buildings
- How to avoid interstitial condensation
- Main causes of heat loss through fabric
WUFI® Plus software allows the simulation of the hourly hygrothermal behaviour of multiple-layered wall and roof systems. It predicts how heat and moisture transfer through the building fabric and what effects can occur when the build-up is exposed to external and internal climate conditions.
The workshop covers:
- Principles of hygrothermal analysis
- Moisture and heat transfer through fabric
- Best practices and how to prevent issues in fabric
- Networking with local architects, specifiers, installers and suppliers
- Practical experience using WUFI software
- Take away a completed software model of a building you have worked on
- Report with a summary of your design and costings
Who should attend?
The workshop is open to all building professionals, e.g. architects, engineers, surveyors, insulation suppliers, system manufacturers and builders.
8:30-9:00 Arrival, registration and networking
9:15-10:00 Topic 1: Hygrothermal Analysis
10:30-11:15 Topic 2: Professional experiences on building performance of new builds and retrofits
11:30-12:15 Topic 3: WUFI Software
12:15-13:15 Lunch and networking
13:15-14:45 Workshop session: 3 groups model case studies using WUFI software
15:00-15:45 Presentations and discussions from each group
15:45-16:00 Summary and close