Disclaimer and Takedown Policy
This policy applies to information resources digitised and made available online by the University Library.
The University of Wolverhampton Library makes a range of resources available to authorised users. Most resources are purchased from third party content providers and made available under appropriate licences. Some material however is created by staff and students, or linked to from sources made available online.
We have sought to ensure that the content of these resources comply with UK copyright law, where feasible.
Where rights holders have been located and permission granted this is clearly indicated. Please ensure any re-use of these materials is in accordance with the licence specified, and that the appropriate acknowledgements are included.
If you feel that your copyright has been infringed in any way, please notify ContentDevelopment@wlv.ac.uk.
Please include the following information:
- your full name, address, telephone number and email address
- a full description of the material about which the complaint is made, including the full website address where you found the material
- the nature of your complaint
- an assertion that your complaint is made in good faith and is accurate
- if you are complaining about a breach of your own copyright, please state that you are the rights holder or are authorised to act for the rights holder and provide supporting evidence
On receipt of a complaint, the Library will make an initial judgement on the validity of the complaint and:
- acknowledge receipt of your complaint
- temporarily remove the relevant material
- make an assessment of the validity of the complaint
If the Library believes that the complaint should be investigated further, then the Library will attempt to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- the material is replaced unchanged
- the material is replaced with changes
- the material is permanently removed by the Library
You will be contacted by email to confirm the final decision.
A record will be kept of the complaint, the review and the final decision. The information you provided will only be used in connection with your enquiry.