South Korea Flag

Republic of South Korea

We are delighted that you’re considering making the move from South Korea to study with us here at the University of Wolverhampton. 

At Wolverhampton, you will benefit from a rich student experience, both in and out of lectures. Get involved in sport by joining student teams or taking part in social sport sessions, including football and badminton, and enjoy the variety of other activities and societies offered by your Students’ Union.

With your new home comes a fulfilling social life! Experience the city’s best attractions and hidden gems whether food, drink, art, film, music, theatre or shopping is your thing – and, thanks to great transport links including the central train station, you can explore what else the UK has to offer too.

Entry requirements for students from South Korea

International Foundation Year

고등학교 졸업장 / 고등학교 과정 수료증 High School Diploma

Students with a minimum score of 60% or grade D would be eligible for the International Foundation Year.


준학사 - Junior College Diploma/Associate degree

Students with a minimum score of 75% can be considered for entrance to the second year of a bachelor programme. 


학사 -Bachelor degree

Students who have completed a Bachelor degree from a NARIC or government recognised institution can normally be considered for admission onto a Master’s degree. Requirements will vary dependant on recognition of Institution and scoring system used and applications will be considered on a case by case basis:

A score of 80%  is considered comparable to a UK 2:1

A score of 75% is considered comparable to a UK 2:2

A score of less than 75% is considered comparable to a UK 3 and would require the completion of a pre-master’s course. 

English Language Requirements

English language requirements vary by course and department but the standard University requirement is 6.0 with 5.5 in every component in IELTS or the same scores in the University's own entry test, the Wolverhampton English Proficiency Examination (WEPE).

Some courses may require a higher level of English language proficiency than the University standard requirements. For details of each programme's English language requirement please see the individual course pages.

Please see the most commonly accepted English Language International Qualifications.

Country Specific Border Requirements

Tuberculosis (TB) Certificate required.