WLV Summer School
WLV Summer School will run for 8 weeks from 3rd July and 25th August 2023. Students can come for either 2 or 4 weeks with arrivals dates on:
Sunday 2nd July (for 2 or 4 week study)
Sunday 16th July (for 2 or 4 week study)
Sunday 30th July (for 2 or 4 week study)
Sunday 13th August for 2 week study only).
If you would like to discuss this further please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Summer School programme offers students the opportunity to:
- Improve your English language and communication skills
- Develop speaking and listening skills
- Choose to study an elective class in either Professional Communication or Culture and Media
- Develop vocabulary
Each week includes:
- 14 hours of English classes per week
- 4 hours per week in a special interest area
- 1 guided national trip and 1 half-day local trip per week
- Evening social programme
- Serviced accommodation in halls of residence
Take a look at our Summer and Winter School Leaflets
Online Winter School feedback:
"It led me to learn so many new words." Mihyn from South Korea
"I was so thankful that the professors taught and understood me. If I have a chance to learn again next time, I want to learn again. Thank you for the class." Jihee from South Korea
"I learnt to respect and understand not only Korea but also other cultures." Min from South Korea
"I think it was a good experience. It was also good that professors studied various activities for students." Dowha from South Korea
- Students are tested on arrival and placed in classes appropriate to their levels
- Classes take place on campus
- Classes will be based around cultural themes which will give students an authentic English language learning experience
- On top of language skills students learn global soft skills that are increasingly seen as important to employers in a progressively globalised world
- Classes will integrate the development of speaking, listening, writing and reading in interactive classes
- At the end of the course students will give an academic presentation and produce written work
- Students completing end of course tasks and with a 70% attendance will receive an end of course report detailing attendance, progress, English level and grade for presentation.
- This can be used by partner universities to award credits towards their own degree programmes.
We are currently planning our Summer School 2023 on-campus programme where students can choose to attend for 2 or 4 weeks, apart from the last start date in August, which would be for a 2 week stay only.
|2nd July 2023|
|16th July 2023|
|30th July 2023|
|13th August 2023 (2 week stay only)|
Number of Weeks
|£1,100 (including accommodation)||2 week stay|
|£2,050 (including accommodation)||4 week stay|
(Please note fees exclude food).
Applications close on the 30th June at 1.00 pm.
Please note this programme is aimed at students aged 18 or over.