Doctoral College Ambassador Programme
Thursday 18 January 2018
Become a Doctoral College Ambassador!
Are you a charismatic individual looking to build your professional skills base and your online profile? If so this could be the role for you! We are looking for a confident postgraduate student keen to showcase their research to a wider audience. You will be required to act as an ‘Ambassador’ for the Doctoral College, both online and at a series of key events. In return you will get the chance to build up/develop skills in video editing, social media and working with the press. You will also get copies of any of the digital content and media that you feature in for the University, ideal for creating a dynamic portfolio.
What will the role involve?
- Accompanying the Postgraduate Marketing Manager to four annual Postgraduate Fairs held throughout the country to promote the postgraduate offer; manning a stand and offering useful insights into the life of a PG student at the University of Wolverhampton.
Next event: Tuesday 30 January – Bristol
- Presence at the four annual Postgraduate Open Evenings. Manning a stand and fielding all PhD enquiries, being able to confidently talk about the Doctoral College and PhD application process.
Next events: Thursday 22 March 2018, 4-7pm / Thursday 28 June 2018, 4-7pm / September and November dates TBC
- To provide content/blog info on life as a University of Wolverhampton PG student on a monthly basis.
- To take part in a case study interview about your PG studies.
- To take part in any Market research activities:
Next events: PG focus Groups - Thursday 1 February 2018, 3pm-4pm, Friday 2 February 2018, 10am-11am.
- To take part in adhoc events as an ambassador for PG.
Next events: Monday 12 - Wednesday 14 February 2018 – Career Development Week Sessions.
- To take part in publicity photo/shoots and videos as required.
External Relations training available for successful applicant:
- Video Editing Training: Learn about the arrangement of video shots and how to structure a video. Video editing is used to structure and present all video information, including films and television shows, video advertisements and video essays.
- Social Media Training: Learn about the various social media platforms and which content works best on each. Find out how to use various media to drive engagement and raise the profile of your research.
- PR Training: Effective press relations can generate free publicity, increase brand awareness and improve sales and profitability. We will show you how to promote your message or product and equip you with the skills you need to manage your own PR.
How to apply: To be considered for the role of Doctoral College Ambassador please email Amie.Williams@wlv.ac.uk and detail why you would like to take on this role.
Deadline for applications: Friday 26 January 2018 – 4pm.
Share this release