The MA English course aims to provide a stimulating intellectual environment that will enable you to build upon the interests and skills you acquired at undergraduate level.
It features core modules in both advanced critical theory and research methodologies that will enhance your abilities in academic research, writing, and presentation, enabling you to meet the standards demanded by employers throughout your professional life.
"The module leader should be commended for running such an impressive course and for his clear concern that students achieve their potential." (2013/14 External Examiner comments).
“In my opinion, there are no weaknesses in the programme. The introduction of new modules in English Language and Linguistics in 2015/16 will majorly enhance the learning and development of students who a) come to the MA without English as their first language, or b) wish to extend their language skills to an advanced level alongside their studies in literature.” (2014/15 External Examiner’s Report)
- Distinctive strands for English Literature and English Language/Applied Linguistics
- Taught application of current theory and research methods
- A distinctive themed focus upon literary genres, periods, authors and adaptations
- Contemporary approaches to language analysis and language acquisition
- Ideal for both career development and preparation for research degrees
- Led by academic scholars published in their fields