Students on our Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)-accredited course are among our most satisfied with 100% student satisfaction in the most recent National Student Survey (NSS) results.
The aims of the BSc Building Surveying course are:
- to enable you to gain the essential skills of Building Surveying focussing on design and technology, economics and law and the specific applications to refurbishment and property management.
- to develop skills including team working, giving presentations, report writing, drawing and project understanding.
- to advance your understanding of other construction professions by multi-disciplinary group projects concentrating on communication, delegation and leadership.
- focussing on building design and technology.
- specific applications relating to new build, conversion and adaption of buildings, property management and conservation of historic buildings and assets.
- will also help you to identify architectural styles, building defects, their pathology and apply solutions to projects.